JOB TITLE: FFT Training /Livelihoods site Supervisor
Report To: Project Officer/Project Manager
- Al-Hudaydah (Al Marawah & Alluahyah districts)
Duration: 3 Months Renewable according to performance & budget
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
Under the direct supervision of the project officer, the position of Agricultural Engineer & Animal Production site supervisor will be;
- Responsible for the overall coordination of field activities in the targeted area as well as the local coordination to ensure project activities implementation, mainly with the Agriculture Office (Thama Development Authority) and local authorities.
- Responsible for providing technical value chains to groups, concerning crop production value chains, livestock and dairy production groups as well as beekeeping, and honey products, group.
- Assists in training BNFs and community committees CCs, identifying best practices and success stories based on the beneficiary and own feedback from the field.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordination with all local authorities’ offices and related entities.
- Mobilizing and educating the target community and assessing the needs of value chains (farmers, livestock, beekeeping).
- Providing consultations to farmers in order to solve agricultural problems and providing the best practices in agricultural production.
- Assist to identify methods to improve productivity, such as improving irrigation, fertilization, or feeding methods.
- Providing consultations to livestock breeders to solve the problems they face in breeding livestock and best practices in livestock production and its products.
- Follow-up and supervision in using the grants in accordance with the approved work plan.
- Forming community committees CCs and training them. Implementation of various training activities for the targeted value chains.
- Providing technical advice in the field of animals, small livestock, fodder production units, animal production, and health.
- Supervising and following up the rehabilitation activities for farms & livestock sheds (cattle sheds), as well as establishing production units for crops and beekeeping, including (controlling the quality of outputs, following up on quantities, documenting work, and other related tasks) according to the project mechanism.
- Ensure that all documents related to the above tasks are complete and available.
- Other tasks within the qualifications of the job title as required at work.
- Weekly periodic field visits to all (group) sites in order to follow up on the project activities implementation and mitigate challenges within the field.
- Supervising the formation of BNFs groups of the targeted value chains.
- Assistance in identifying methods to improve livestock productivity at the lowest costs.
- Assistance in identifying methods to improve the productivity of agricultural crops at the lowest costs.
- Assistance in identifying ways to improve the productivity of beekeeping and its products at the lowest costs.
- Assistance in identifying ways to improve livestock and its products (quantitative and qualitatively) at the lowest costs.
- Providing advice to groups of targeted value chains to solve the problems they face in production and best practices in increasing productivity.
- Improving the field practices of the target value chain groups.
- Follow-up and supervision of the field activities implementation for the value chains of smallholders.
- Supervising the scheme development of the target value chain credit groups with the identification of financial institutions and the executive entity for each group, to ensure sustainability.
- Prepare progress reports and success stories as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or Technical Diploma (agricultural production & animal production).
- Knowledge in agriculture, livestock management, dairy processing, beekeeping, food security, and livelihoods.
- Experience (One year) working in the agricultural sector – experience in humanitarian and development organizations (NGOs or INGO) is preferred.
- Previous experience in supervision
- Previous experience in similar projects.
- Excellent in communication skills; ability to communicate strategically under pressure
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization
- Excellent writer – ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze M&E data
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions quickly and independently
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff
- Ability to represent the Agency in high level meetings with donors and local government
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with Word and Excel, PowerPoint a plus.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values, and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis .
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The deadline to send your application: before 25 / Dec / 2021. The application date may change based on fulfillment of the required qualifications or not.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the Button below: