FFA Project Officer
Closing on 30 Aug, 2022 - After:
JOB TITLE: FFA Project Officer
Report to: Senior Project Officer/ Project Manager
- Sa’ada Governorate (Haydan district)
- Al Jawf Governorate (Bart Al Anan and Rajuzah)
Duration: 6 Months renewable according to performance & budget
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The FFA Project Officer will be responsible for the designing, planning, and all related technical aspects of project implementation, and results-based implementation of FFA/livelihood activities at the field level. The FFA Project Officer will work along with the team members and will be responsible to coordinate and establish the linkages among all the project team members, groups, stakeholders, and line agencies. The FFA Project Officer will provide timely, accurate, reports to the project management unit.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall technical support necessary for the delivery of FFA project – designing, planning, and costing inputs (labor, finance, and materials), technical assistance, and capacity-building support to staff, site supervisors, and group leaders to produce outputs, coordination of day-to-day activities.
- Coordination with local authorities represented by a governor, and district manager, during implementation project phases.
- Work closely with the Project Manager/Senior Project Officer to ensure all gaps are covered and will provide technical support for the project reporting and food for asset activities implementation to ensure all gaps are covered and will provide technical support for the project reporting and food for asset activities implementation.
- Support staff to sensitize the targeted communities, mobilize, and organize eligible beneficiary households to participate in the project activities.
- Work with other team members to develop clear, realistic, and achievable work plans for carrying out FFA activities as per the predefined guidelines and instructions.
- Develop weekly and monthly work plans.
- Participate in follow-up and monitoring of the progress of the FFA activities implementation in the targeted areas, ensuring high-quality delivery.
- Supervision to ensure Prepare accurate lists of targeted areas/villages/neighborhoods for project activities with detailed justifications in close collaboration with the district’s engineers.
- Participate in beneficiary data collection for doing FFA assessments and ensure that qualitative, quantitative, and accurate data is collected to better inform the reports.
- Supervise and be responsible for all technical aspects of daily project implementation, ensuring they are completed in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner. Also, ensure quality implementation.
- Work closely with field coordinators and site supervisors to ensure that the program is implemented.
- Facilitate and collaborate with the MEAL team to ensure that baseline and end-line surveys, onsite monitoring, and PDM are carried out in an appropriate and timely manner and that complaint and feedback mechanisms are in place.
- Develop a comfortable, smooth, and organized mechanism for food distribution to beneficiary households in collaboration with the project manager and Data management officer.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports and send them to the project manager.
- Schedule regular visits to targeted areas.
- Any other assignments as directed by the line manager.
Monitoring and reporting of field-based activities
- Ensure that all project data and information on physical and financial progress are duly maintained transparently, expediently, and effectively in line with BFD rules and regulations.
- Plan, coordinate, and organize regularly joint monitoring of the livelihood-specific activities in the field.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of the activities, and other required reports, as per the requirements of BFD.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering, Environmental Science, or any other field relevant to development.
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in FFA, food security, Livelihoods, agricultural, and business development work.
- Proven experience in integrating different components of resources management in line with community development, and livelihood resiliency development.
- Previous experience with similar INGO/NGO projects will be an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of the links between sustainable development, community development, and social and gender issues.
- Experience with project development and results-based management methodologies is highly desired/required.
- Excellent analytical, writing, advocacy, presentation, and communications skills.
- Experience in program design, monitoring, and evaluation is an asset
- Good computer skills, particularly in Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
- Excellent language skills in English (writing, speaking, and reading) and in local languages.
- A sense of creativity is essential.
- Demonstrated attention to activity tracking detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Talent for organizing and cataloging information is essential.
- Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Able to ensure quality delivery in a stressful environment, punctuality, respect for rules and procedures, and adherence to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and building positive relationships with colleagues and supervisors.
- Ability to interact well with people and proven experience in building strong relationships with community members
- A confident, flexible, and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to work independently, to be proactive in working with others, a willingness and commitment to work long hours and/or over weekends, and to spend a considerable amount of time in remote field sites.
- Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety, and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherece to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies