FFA Technical Engineer (6)
Closing on 30 Aug, 2022 - After:
JOB TITLE: FFA Technical Engineer (6)
Report to: FFA Project Officer / Senior Project Officer
- Al Hudaydah Governorate (Al Marawi’ah, Az Zuhrah, Bajil and Zabid districts)
- Al Mahwit Governorate (Milhan district)
- Dhamar Governorate (Wusab As Safil district)
- Amran Governorate (Bani Suraim, Raydah, and Dhulaymat Habour districts)
- Sa’ada Governorate (Haydan district)
- Al Jawf Governorate (Bart Al Anan and Rajuzah)
Duration: 5 Months renewable according to performance & budget
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The FFA Project Technical Engineer will be responsible for the designing and technical implementation of FFA activity and will be responsible for the identification, implementation, monitoring, and reporting on construction project activities in the assigned districts. The FFA Project Technical Engineer will work along with the team members and will be responsible to coordinate and establish the linkages amongst all the project team members, groups, stakeholders, line agencies. The FFA Project Technical Engineer will provide timely, accurate, reports to the project management unit.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the community to develop appropriate interventions and develop project proposals with regard to needs and community priorities.
- Organize meetings to sensitize communities about the purpose and modalities of the project and identify community committees and ensure coherent coordination with committee members.
- Review and develop beneficiary selection criteria with government, local authorities, and community members to identify project beneficiaries according to project targets criteria.
- Assist communities with the targeting and selection of FFA beneficiaries.
- Guarantee community involvement at all phases of the project to ensure the development of community ownership for the project.
- Liaise with district level authorities regarding all stages of the project implementation and evaluation.
- Undertake technical assessment for FFA assets, and ensure quality and accurate technical specifications are incorporated into the community projects’ designs.
- Preparing BoQs outlining the necessary tools and materials and designing/reviewing/developing construction-related documents (feasibility study, designs, BoQ, monitoring forms, and payment disbursement forms/documents).
- Prepare a time-bound and detailed work/ implementation plan, to implement every activity.
- Supervise all the project activities at the field level and follow up the project cycle.
- Liaise with the program coordinator/program manager and Logistics in the preparation of materials, tools, and procurement.
- Filling all supported forms and submit weekly and monthly reports and any other needed reports of the program management.
- Follow up and Provide advice to site supervisors to ensure achievements in a timely manner on technical criteria
- Ensure selected sites for cash/food distributions are safe, suitable, and coordinated with local authorities and service providers.
- Planning and managing safety procedures and measures in the worksites.
Monitoring and reporting of field-based activities
- Ensure that all project data, information on physical and financial progress are duly maintained transparently, expediently, and effectively in line with BFD rules and regulations;
- Plan, coordinate, and organize regularly joint monitoring of the livelihood specific activities in the field;
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of the activities, and other required reports, as per the requirements of BFD.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
- Ability to understand and to interpret the nature of human behavior
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Able to ensure quality delivery in a stressful environment, punctuality, and respect for rules and procedures, and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and building positive relationships with colleagues and supervisors.
- Ability to interact well with people and proven experience of building strong relationships with community members
- A confident, flexible, and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to work independently, to be proactive in working with others, a willingness and commitment to work long hours and/or over weekends, and to spend a considerable amount of time in remote field sites.
- Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety, and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering, Environmental Science, or any other field relevant to development.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in FFA, food security, Livelihoods, agricultural, and business development work.
- Proven experience in integrating different components of resources management in line with community development, livelihood resiliency development;
- Previous experience with similar INGO/NGO projects will be an asset;
- Demonstrated understanding of the links between sustainable development, community development, social and gender issues;
- Experience with project development and results-based management methodologies is highly desired/required;
- Excellent analytical, writing, advocacy, presentation, and communications skills;
- Experience in program design, monitoring, and evaluation is an asset
- Good computer skills, particularly in Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherece to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies